Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Why Stage Fright

So as many of you looking at my blog you might see I like music. A lot. Which's great since I want to be a musician when I'm older but let me tell you a secret, I have crippling stage fright.


 I know you're probably thinking "Wait you want to play sold out arenas but you can't even preform in public?" and the answer to that is yes, I do want to be famous doing what I love but sometimes you get that voice in the back of your mind telling you "Really you think you can sing? What do yo think they'll say about you? Do you want to make a fool out of yourself?" and that makes me feel so pathetic and it gets to you.


 Here's the thing though, I know I can sing. I've got great range and can keep a tune and pick out the music but when I even try to sing in front of people I want to throw up, and run and hide as far as possible. I can't even sing in the car! I  mean really this gets so annoying all the time. I really wish I could figure out a way to get over this.


I sing in front of very few people mostly my brother Ashton and he's my personal cheerleader so you've got him saying "Go follow your dream you sound great" Yes he actually said that, and then, you've got yourself saying "I can't do this!" What do I do? 


I need a doctor, or medicine, or a hypnotise or something to help me! 


Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment